‘O’ LEVEL COURSE
National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT),(erstwhile DOEACC Society), an Autonomous Scientific Society under the administrative control of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MoE&IT), Government of India, was set up to carry out Human Resource Development and related activities in the area of Information, Electronics & Communications Technology (IECT). NIELIT is engaged both in Formal & Non-Formal Education in the area of IECT besides development of industry oriented quality education and training programmes in the state-of-the-art areas. NIELIT has endeavoured to establish standards to be the country’s premier institution for Examination and Certification in the field of IECT. It is also one of the National Examination Body, which accredits institutes/organizations for conducting courses in IT in the non-formal sector.
Objective of NIELIT
The objective of the NILIT is to generate qualified manpower in the area of Information Technology (IT) at the national level, by utilizing the facilities and infrastructure available with the institutions/organizations in the non-formal sector. The Society is managed and administered by a Governing Council which consists of eminent academicians and professionals from IT industry.
Objective of the ‘O’ Level Course
The objective of the course is to enable a student to acquire the knowledge pertaining to fundamentals of Information Technology (IT Tools and Business Systems, Internet Technology and Web design, Programming and Problem Solving through ‘C’ Language, Application of .NET Technology, Introduction to Multimedia, and Introduction to ICT Resources, a Practical and Project Work).
In order to serve the IT industry better, the NIELIT ‘O’ Level course has been designed to develop the basic skills for the above.
The career options available to a ‘O’ level qualifiers are:
- Junior Programmer • EDP Assistant • Web Designer • Lab Demonstrator
‘O’ LEVEL COURSE STRUCTURE
‘O’ Level Course consists of four theory modules (three compulsory modules and one elective module), one Practical and one Project. The structure of the ‘O’ Level syllabus is indicated below:-
The structure of the ‘O’ Level course is:
Paper Code Subject
M1-R5 Information Technology Tools and Network Basics
M2-R5 Web Designing & Publishing
M3-R5 Programming and Problem Solving through Python
M4-R5 Internet of Things and its Applications
PR1-R5 Practical based on M1-R5, M2R5 ,M3-R5 and M4-R5
(Or) ITI Certificate (One Year) after class 10th
(Or) Successful completion of the second year of a Government recognized polytechnic engineering diploma course after class 10th
Duration of the Course:Minimum duration of the ‘O’ Level course is One Year.
The theory examination for each module under the fourth revised syllabus would be for duration of three hours and the total marks for each subject would be 100; One Practical examination of three hours duration and 100 marks.
Under the NIELIT scheme, the examinations are held twice in a year; January and July. Dates for the various activities connected with examinations will be announced on NIELIT website, well in advance of the examinations.
To qualify for a pass in a module, a candidate must have obtained at least 50% in each theory and practical examination
The marks will be translated into grades, while communicating results to the candidates. The gradation structure is as below:-
Pass percentage Grade
Failed (<50) F
85% and over S
Award of Certificates
The students would be eligible for the award of ‘O’ Level Certificate on successfully qualifying the Theory Examinations of all modules, Practical Examination and the Project. The ‘O’ Level Certificate is recognized as equivalent to Foundation Level Course by the Government of India for the purpose of employment vide Notification No. 43 & 49 dated 1st March, 1995 and 10th April, 1996 respectively issued by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Theory Exam fee - Rs.500/- for each paper/module.
- Practical Exam fee – Rs. 300/-
- Processing fee - Rs.100/- for each paper/module.
- Refund of fee - fees, once paid, will not be refunded or adjusted, under any circumstances.
- If the examination fee paid does not cover the module(s) applied for, examination forms would reject.
- Once registered at a particular level the registration is valid for 10 consecutive examinations for O/A level and 12 consecutive examinations for B/C level.
Registration Cut off Dates for O Level
January Exams - Preceding 30th June
July Exams - Preceding 31st December
Benefits of O-Level Course:
- O-Level is Government approved Computer Course.
- This certificate is useful for some government exams where Computer Diploma is required.
- For any Government job (समूह क/ख/ग इत्यादि) O-Level or CCC is must.
- After doing O-Level course candidate is eligible for doing A-Level course and they need to appear in six papers only instead of ten papers of A-Level.
- After doing O-Level course candidate is eligible to start job as Junior Programmer, EDP Assistant, Web Designer, Lab Demonstrator etc. But if club this with the next level course like A-Level, they get better technical job in multinational companies.
§ O Level (Foundation Certificate/Diploma Equivalent):
a. Junior Programmer
b. EDP Assistant
c. Web Designer
d. Lab Demonstrator
§ A Level (PGDCA /APGDCA/Advance Diploma Equivalent):
b. Web Administrator
c. Training Faculty
d. Web Content Developer
e. Trouble Shooter
§ B Level (MCA Equivalent):
a. Database Administrator
b. Network System Administrator
c. Software Engineer
d. Senior Faculty
§ C Level (M. Tech. Equivalent):
a. Project Manager
b. IT Consultant
c. R & D Scientist
d. System Specialist