• Targeted companies will be identified and contacted through personal visits, mailers, phone the decision of conducting the recruitment drive will be of
• The students are free to apply in any number of companies offering jobs in their opted specialization. • The student should inform SVIIT department if they have earlier applied for the same company on their own.
• If a company has approached the SVIIT or is in the process of approaching the SVIIT for placements, no student shall approach any of these companies on their own, except through SVIIT.
• Students should submit a soft & duly signed hard copy of their resume to the SVIIT department before the start of placements.
• Students are advised to keep sufficient copies of resume, passport size photos, etc ready so as to submit it as per the requirement of company. No requests for taking the printouts of resumes from the SVIIT department will be entertained.
Companies may do short listing of students themselves on the basis of information supplied by the students in their registration profile or CVs/ Resumes. In case a company insists on short listing to be done by the University without explicitly citing any criteria, it will be done on the basis of Criteria determined in consultation with the School Dean and the Manager, Corporate Relations.
Interview schedules will be decided by SVIIT in consultation with visiting Company executives. Thereafter no modifications shall be entertained, except under very unusual circumstances.
• Keep record of organizations and positions for which they apply.
• Keep notes on the job details announced. These are useful at the time of interview.
• Prepare completely for attending the various Written Tests, Group Discussions and Interviews, particularly in respect of the specific company for which they are appearing.
• Students shall not, at the time of interview, negotiate with the employer about salary and terms different from what is announced earlier, unless the announcement specifies that the salary is negotiable.
• While attending interviews, students must be punctual and come in formal dress only.
• Never take a cell phone into an interview.
• The students must observe and adhere to all codes of conduct rules specified by SVIIT. While answering questions in the interview, students should observe decorum. They should abstain from making any kind of derogatory remarks about others. The impact of the behaviour exhibited by the interviewees has at times reduced the opportunities available to future batches of students. Irresponsible behaviour, such as efforts to "market" oneself, derogatory remarks about other candidates or the university, negotiations other than those purported under the due process, will be seriously viewed. Such students may be denied further Placement Assistance.
Keeping the company’s convenience in view, selection processes may take place in University Campus or any other venue decided by the Company. The students may be required to travel and attend the same. The SVIIT shall pass on the information received from the organization to the concerned students. The students are expected to make their own travel and other arrangements.
It is compulsory for every student who has applied for a particular company, to attend the Pre Placement Talk (PPT) of that company. If a student does not attend two consecutive PPTs, he/she will not be allowed to apply till further clearance from the Chair person, University Placement Committee.
• Any student who has applied for a particular company can withdraw from the company after the Pre Placement Talk.
• In case of the students going directly to the company premises for the selection process, if the profile/package communicated to them by the SVIIT department is not the same, the students can withdraw from the selection process.
• Once the selection procedure has started, students cannot withdraw at any stage, unless they have a final offer from another organization. It is presumed that students would apply for a position after careful consideration of all the relevant aspects.
• If a student does not appear for interview after giving the nomination and confirmation after PPT, he/she is deemed to have withdrawn.
• Only in very exceptional circumstances, with the permission of Chairperson University Placement Committee a student shall be permitted to withdraw from the selection procedure of attending preliminary interview if shortlisted by the organization at any stage.
• Subject to permission as above, a student can withdraw a maximum three times from the selection processes provided by the University. The moment he/she refuses to sit for the interview for the third time, he will be out of the Placement Process.